12 June 2008

We are going to Canada!

We have been busy busy busy around here. Making plans for July, since Rob is on block leave for the entire month. We're going to go over to Spokane, WA for a couple of days and do some camping, sightseeing, and hit up SilverWood Theme park thats over there. Other than that we don't really have to much planned aside from doing local stuff. We are totally doing to the "staycation" thing this summer.

But we get to go on a really cool trip this summer. Back in April the boys and I went to Ocean Shores for a spouses retreat.

Well the Chaplain offices here on Fort Lewis got grant money to be able to hold several retreats over the summer. I had signed Rob and I up for one of the Ocean Shores retreats, but I received a call from the Chaplains assistant and she told me that we had been selected to go on a retreat to Canada. I was beyond excited about this. The trip, for a family of 4, would normally cost $5,000 dollars, but because of donations and such we (and 17 other military families) are able to go on this retreat with no out of pocket expense. Now I just have to wait until August to go.

Tomorrow we have Jonathon's pre-op appointment, and on the 23rd is his surgery. I'm so excited his surgery is around the corner, and grateful that Rob is able to be home for it.

0 comments: