12 September 2008

What was I thinking???

I've been asking myself that question quite a bit lately. I love going to school, and love the fact that I am furthering my education, but shesh it's not easy at all. I figured with the boys back in school, I'd have plenty of time to work on schoolwork. Which I do, but at the same time, I feel like I am constantly working on homework when I'm not running the boys to and from school, or AJ to and from soccer practice.

The whole time Rob was deployed all I could think of was it would be really helpful if he was home to help with the boys. Even though he's home, he has so many schools coming up, that I'm slowly sinking into the mindset that he isn't around, just so I don't rely on him.

Recently I've been given a great opportunity to go to Washington, D.C. When I was first nominated to go, I didn't really think much about it, but now that I have all the details, I am truly honored to be able to go and represent Rob's unit. I have a meeting with the Lieutenant Colonel coming up, so I'll post how that goes after the meeting.

0 comments: