08 August 2008

What do you do when the electric is out?

Yeah, we had the unpleasant pleasantry of dealing with a power outage yesterday. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was only an hour or two, but no, it was well over 8 hours! The worst part? They teased us...it came back on around 4:00 for about 10 minutes or so, then bam! Right back out again.

Really it didn't bother me, I had planned on cleaning out the boys' dressers yesterday. So I just put some batteries in my radio and got to work.

The boys were insanely weird about it though. Normally they'd be outside playing at the park or in the yard with their friends. But not yesterday, they wanted to stay inside and watch cartoons. Of course this could not be accomplished, so they decided to stay inside and play in the playroom, most action that room has seen it quite a while!

The only downfall to the power being out? I couldn't participate in one of my weekly seminars for college last night. Wasn't to bad, I just had to go back and read the archives from the seminar and write a paper on the topics discussed.

My mom is talking about taking a job in NC, which by the way my parents live in GA. So anywhoo...I said thats great how long before you'll all move up there. She then proceeded to tell me that my dad and sister would stay in GA for two years and then move up after my sister finishes high school. I am highly against this. The biggest reason? My dad has heart problems, and his last heart attack came out of no where, what happens if it happens again? My mom won't simply be 20 minutes away. There's more to the reason I'm against it, but I just won't go there.

Moving along now. AJ will be turning 5 next month. Holy hell where has the last 5 years went??? I can not fathom that my little baby is turning 5, it honestly doesn't seem possible. Heck my oldest will be 8 in March, still a good ways off, but not that far. It just amazes me how time truly does fly.

0 comments: