25 June 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane.....

So much going on around here lately. Jonathon had his surgery this past Monday, things went well, and he is getting better each day.

It was rough when he latched onto me and didn't want to go into the operating room, and then when he was waking up, it was so irritable, but that was totally to be expected.

The deal on the car we were buying fell through. The sales man and sales manager were trying to pull a dirty deal on us. Not sure why they tried, when we were all talking, I told them I worked in the car business for over 6 years, I know how things work.


But at any rate the deal went south, and we actually ended up buying a 2009 Subaru Forester. Which brings me to the title of this post. We actually bought the car from a dealership I used to work at in Atlanta, and we were going to have it shipped out here to Washington. However we are impatient, and I was going to fly to Atlanta and drive the car back out here. My parents are actually going to be in Little Rock, Arkansas this weekend for my sisters' karate tournament, so they are going to drive my car (along with theirs) and I'm flying into Little Rock to pick it up and drive it out here.

I am beyond excited about this. I haven't seen my mom, dad and sister in 3 years. My sister is going to drive back out here with me and spend a few weeks, so the boys are really excited about that.

Its funny, I've never flown by myself, always had family, or Rob and the boys with me. This will be a totally new experience for me! I have to admit, another reason I am stoked about this trip, I seriously need a break from my kids. Don't get me wrong, I love them more than anything. But, after 15 months of being a "single" parent, I desperately need a little vacation.

Well, I'm off to read some more of my book, "Moment of Truth in Iraq" It really is an awesome book!

0 comments: