12 July 2008

I'm back!

Well really I have been back since the 1st, I've just been too busy to write on here. I flew out of Seattle on Saturday the 28th of June, and arrived back at Fort Lewis on July 1st at 6:30am. It was an interesting trip to say the least.

My sister came back with me, which was a big help. We didn't leave Little Rock until Sunday afternoon. I drove as far as I could Sunday night and then pulled over in Russell Kansas and got a room. I really wanted to be back at Fort Lewis by the 1st because 4th Brigades redeployment ceremony was that day, and I was asked to be their to receive an award.

The award isn't much, but to me it means a lot. I'll have to get it and post what it says on it later.

Anywho, my sister and I got up at 5:00am Monday morning, and together we decided we were going to drive all day and night so we could be back here for the ceremony. And we did it! I was one hell of a long trip, but so much fun at the same time.

I got to see my parents, I hadn't seen my dad since we moved out here over 3 years ago. Here is a picture of my dad and I at the airport.



And here is a picture of my mom, dad, sister and myself. First time we have all been in a picture since my wedding, over 6 years ago!

0 comments: