04 June 2008

He's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a few days late in posting this, but Rob made is safely home last Saturday. When I got the call from Rear D Friday they told me the plane was expected to land at noon and the ceremony would be at 2:00. Well at 5:00am Saturday morning I get a phone call from Rear D again saying that the plane is ahead of schedule and will be landing at 8am! I was shocked to say the least, and actually said to the Sgt on the phone "No shit" LOL, and chuckled and said yes ma'am.

I jumped out of bed, because of course I had so much to get done due to my bad habit of procrastinating. I remember I called my mom and was all excited telling her the plane was landing 4 hours early. The I hopped in the shower and started getting ready. Got the welcome home banner I made hung up, got the boys up and got them dressed, and off to the gym we went.

They had a live feed going, that showed the plane landing and all the guys getting off the plane. We spotted Rob a few times, it was surreal knowing that in about 2 hours we would be face to face. The boys kept giggling all morning. Then about 10am, we were told the ceremony would begin in about 5 minutes, my heart started racing, I was beyond ecstatic!

It was so amazing watching all the soldiers walking into the gym, people erupted into massive cheers, and tears were flowing from just about everyone in there. The boys and I even managed to spot Rob, which I might add is not an easy task when at a distant, they all look the same in uniform, luckily for us, Rob is quite short!

The ceremony last about 13 minutes total, and bam they were released. I thought for sure Rob had seen us, I mean we were literally in front of him at the top of the bleachers. But he didn't so as the boys and I made our way down to the floor he was standing in one spot looking for us, after making it down and going to were he was, he was gone! I was like oh crap, we're standing in the middle of a see of families and tons of soldiers, but I happened to look to my right and spotted him, he wasn't looking our way so I ran over to him and about tackled him. I honestly can't even begin to describe the emotions that were running through me at the moment.

He latched onto me, as quick as I latched onto him. We both didn't want to let go, but I finally broke the hug and the boys jumped right in. I have only seen Rob cry a handful of times in the 7 years we've been together, and it kind of shocked me that he was crying, but I understand the emotions he was feeling.

Things have been going good so far, he's adjusting to a few of the changes I made over the last 15 months, and we're taking it easy, not rushing our reunion.

Anywho, here are a few pictures.

Rob hugging the boys for the first time in 9 months



Our family is complete again!


0 comments: