17 April 2008

Beyond upset

Last week baseball practices began, and the first night the coach wasn't even there, his wife was. Well we were told that Thursdays practice would be held on Saturday so the real coach could be there. We get called Thursday morning saying that practice would take place Thursday instead of Saturday. So I take Jo to his practice, all is fine.

Well as most of you know, I was out of town last weekend, something that had been scheduled weeks in advance. So, Friday night, I get a phone call from the coaches wife saying they will be having a practice on Saturday, and I told her "well Jo will not be there we are out of town for the weekend" and she hung up on me.

This past Tuesday my neighbor took Jo to practice because I had a meeting, but from what I hear, everything went fine. Then tonight, the coach wasn't there again. Now when I signed Jo up I specifically asked for a male coach. Jo just seems to listen better to a male coach over a female. But the real coach is hardly ever there, and to be brutally honest, is wife has no freaking clue what she is doing. The boys had not been taught thus far the rules about "outs."

Jo is up to bat, and the "fake" coach has some parent out there pitching, and this man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he tried. But Jo finally managed to hit a poor pitch and he ran to first. On his way to second, he was tagged by the 2nd base man. Now Jo doesn't really know the rules really comes to "outs" and when the coach starts yelling at him telling him he's out, he got upset because he thought he had done something wrong. Jo then asks the coach why he was out, and instead of answering him, she just replies with "because thats the way the game is played"

WTF?!?!?!?!!?! are you kidding me? He's 7, up until now, he's played t-ball, they don't outs in t-ball, and she just expects him to automatically know????????? Needless to say I was livid. Then, she decides to make a smart ass comment, "well I'm glad to see the ones who couldn't make it to Saturday's practice decided to show up tonight" Oh heck to the no she did not.

I'm sorry that we have a life outside of baseball. I'm sorry that we had these plans for almost 4 weeks. I'm sorry that my 7 year is not a pro at baseball and know all the rules.

Needless to say, I will be making a trip to CYS tomorrow and making a HUGE complaint about this.

Sorry for the vent. Just had to get it off my chest.

0 comments: