26 February 2008

I'm over it

I am seriously over this deployment! I got to talk to Rob the other night for 51 minutes!!! That is the most we have talked to since he was home back in September for R&R. It was amazing, yet sucked all in the same time.

I really miss being able to lay in bed at night talk to him, I miss sitting across from him at the dinner table and talking about our days, I just really miss everything about him. There have been days, where things are so hectic, that I temporarily forget I'm married, how freaking sad is that?!?!?!?!

15 months is just too long! The most Rob had ever been gone was 9 months, which wasn't so bad, on long weekends he would drive up from Georgia to Virginia, or I would drive down there. I mean there were field exercises along the way, and I suppose if you added all of them up then he was probably gone about 5-7 months out of the year or so. But 15 months, of not living together, and only get the occasional 10-15 minute phone call here or there, going 2-4 weeks with no communication what so ever is finally starting to wear me down. I'm tired of handling all the problems at home, I'm tired of being the only one here for the boys.

I would never ask Rob to leave the Army, I know its a job he truly loves doing, I just wish the job was more family oriented. I'm extremely proud of Rob for having the courage to do the job he does, and although at this moment I really hate it, deep down I love being a military family.

Okay I think I'm done bitching for the night.

Here's a picture I found of Rob on a friends myspace page. (Rob is on the left)







0 comments: