21 February 2008

Almost a year.....

Next month will bring many celebrations to our house. Our oldest son Jonathon will turn 7 on March 1st, Rob will turn 33 on March 25th, our 6th anniversary is on the 30th of March. All that aside though, on March 28th, we will celebrate 12 months down. Is that really considered a celebration though? I mean do I throw a party and on the cake have "woohooo we've made it 12 months"?

We are getting so close to the end, yet it still seems so out of reach. Like the end of this deployment will never get here. Its rather hard for me to fathom having Rob home again. I'm already worried about what reintegration will be like. After all he has had to see and do while in Iraq, how will that affect our family after he returns?

Rob and I have seen many ups and downs in our marriage, and we've always gotten through anything that was handed to us. I know deep down we'll get through this, I just can't help but worry about it.



0 comments: