03 March 2008

What a great weekend

We had a really great weekend! Friday night Jo went shopping with neighbor, they took him out to get his birthday present. Well they ended up getting him a few things. Baseball season is fast approaching, and they bought him some baseball stuff.

Saturday morning the boys and I went shopping. I told Jo he could get a new bike for his birthday or get more baseball stuff, well he chose more baseball stuff. So we went out and got him a helmet, bat, and shoes. He was on cloud nine all day long!

Today, we got up and just laid around most of the morning, until the afternoon, then we went bowling. The bowling alley here on post does a deployment special, 3 free games and free shoe rentals if you have a family member deployed. We had a great time, and I think we are going to go back again next Sunday. Maybe we'll make that our weekly event to use as a countdown to when Rob will be home.

Tomorrow AJ and I will be doing some cleaning, then probably some grocery shopping. I'm hoping it will be nice so the kids will be able to play outside. I am loving the nice weather!

Haven't heard from Rob, but I knew I wouldn't. I honestly don't know how we'll be able to talk when he gets home. Perhaps we'll just make a schedule that will only have us talking to each other for 30 minutes every 2-3 weeks. LOL I really wouldn't do that, I can't wait to actually carry on a conversation wit him face to face.

Well I should get to bed, 6:00am will be here before long, yet for some reason, I feel like I should do something productive.




0 comments: